- Q: How can I become a Certified Nurse Aide/ Assistant?
A: The majority of Nurse Aides on the NYS Nurse Aide Registry (//registry.prometric.com/
- Q: What does the Competency Examination consist of?
A: The exam consists of two separate parts: The Written exam and the Clinical Skills exam.
- Q: What should I bring with me to the exam?
A: Two (2) forms of identification are required for the exam:
– Current, Government Issued, Photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, alien registration card, passport)
– Signature ID (e.g. social security cards, library cards, gym cards, and credit cards).
- Q: What is the duration of the Written exam and the Clinical Skills exam?
- Q: What should I expect during the Clinical Skills exam?
A: You will be scored on five (5) skills in total. You must pass all of these skills. While performing three assigned (main) skills, you will also be scored on two additional skills – Hand Washing and Indirect Care.
- Q: What does the term ‘Indirect Care’ involve?
504 Gateway Time-out
- Q: How can I find out if I have passed the Written Exam and Clinical Skills?
- Q: What if I fail one of the exams?
- Q: How many times am I allowed to retake the exam?